We strive to ensure that there is a high standard of competition across the region, and to offer players with potential the opportunity to compete at higher levels of competition.
We have an inclusive approach to all players that wish to join, helping identify the opportunities that would best suite their ability level. We have a network of development coaches that will help each player reach their potential.
The Flyers Basketball Club is based at the International School of Aberdeen (ISA). The Flyers Wheelchair Basketball is based at the Beach Leisure Centre.
CONTACT US for free taster session!
Aberdeen’s Sports Award Club of The Year 2018
SBC U16 Men NDL Playoffs 2017-18 Winner
SBC (U16) NDL North Men 2017-18 Winner
U14 Scottish Cup 2018 Winner
U16 Grampian Local League 2014 Winner
Our U10 and U12 sessions allow us to introduce the kids to the rules and teach good ball handling, shooting and layup technique.
Our U14 and U16-B sessions are run as a training academy. Players will work with our development coaches providing a route to playing as part of the performance programme in the National League for those who are able to. With an earlier pathway, we aim to increase our standings in the league.
Our U16-A and U18 teams have been competing in the National League since 2008, and we continue to compete at this level.
Following a four week taster block at the tail end of 2012, the Grampian Flyers Basketball Club created a wheelchair team for the North East of Scotland.
This has now expanded to a total of 4 teams, which compete in the following competitions:
- Scottish Wheelchair Development League
- STEPS League
- Woman League
- Scottish Cup
If you would like more information about our teams, feel free to come along to any of OUR SESSIONS below:
- U10: Tuesdays, 18:30 - 20:00 at ISA.
- U12: Tuesdays, 18:30 - 20:00 at ISA.
- U14: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 18:30 - 20:00 at ISA.
- U16-B: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 18:30 - 20:00 at ISA.
- U16-A: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 20:00 - 21:30 at ISA.
- U17: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 20:00 - 21:30 at ISA.
- U18: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 20:00 - 21:30 at ISA.
- Wheelchair (Junior): Mondays, 18:00 - 20:00 at BLC.
- Wheelchair (Senior): Mondays, 19:00 - 20:00 at BLC.
Or click the button below to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Grampian Flyers Basketball Club - Registered charity No. SC039630